Friday 25 July 2014

I Graduated!


 Nine days ago I graduated and I don't know where the time has gone already! I graduated from UWE, Bristol with a First Class degree in Law and I have to say it was one of the best days of my life so far (cheesy I know!). The feeling of such an achievement after three years of hard work (and some play of course) was amazing.

Mine and Russell's parents paid for us to stay in a hotel the night before as a little graduation treat. We had a lovely time relaxing and it was nice to be back in Bristol for a bit without the pressure of exams.

We had a gorgeous meal at Aqua where we sat outside watching groups of rowers (of varying expertise) row up and down the river. I had a Goats Cheese Bruschetta starter followed by a Butternut Squash and Walnut Risotto. I also had chocolate ice-cream for dessert but forgot to photograph it before it ended up in my tummy!



We then spent a lazy evening in the hotel drinking Prosecco and sampling the hotel's shortbread! Wednesday morning started with a hearty Wetherspoons breakfast before we headed off to meet our families and get all dressed up ready to graduate.

It was very a very snap happy day and rightly so, I don't plan on putting myself through a degree again anytime too soon.



And of course there was a graduation #selfie.


 Russell was one of the first on the stage, I'm quite glad it wasn't me!


Afterwards we felt obliged to get the cliché 'mortarboard in the air' photo and I learned that throwing elegantly isn't my forté.




I was so glad we tracked down one of our favourite lecturers for a photo before we headed off for dinner. He's been so supportive over the last two years and spoke very highly of us to our gushing parents!


 We popped to Boston Tea Party for a refreshing smoothie (it was very hot under that gown!) before heading to Jamie's Italian for dinner. The food was gorgeous as usual, so good that I was so busy eating that I completely forgot to take any photos.

I did manage to get photos of this amazing cake that was presented to us during the meal thanks to Russell's mum and dad.


The day seemed to whizz by in such a blur for me so it's great to have so many photo memories.

If you graduated and blogged about it, share your links in the comments, I'd love to see your photos too.

Jade Rebecca
x

33 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And very well done on getting a first - clever cloggs :)
    MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was quite amazed myself to be honest! x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, this is amazing, well done!!

    jessssicahart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, what an accomplishment! You must feel so free now :) And wow it's so cool how you got to stay in a hotel before your graduation!

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it's been amazing having some time off with no work or uni, but now it's time for the real world unfortunately! :( x

      Delete
  4. Ahhh congratulations Jade! I'm so happy for you - you look so happy xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :). It was an amazing day! x

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! It must have been hard to study law. Great job :-)

    SO INTERNATIONAL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was definitely a challenge but I did enjoy it really! :) x

      Delete
  6. congrats! lovely photos

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I graduated from law in 2012 before I started blogging, glad to see you enjoyed your day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And well done you for graduating too, being at uni was so stressful but so worth it :). x

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the graduation! You look lovely and that cake is amazing! :) x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was gutting having to cut the cake but it did taste as good as it looks :). x

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congratulations on an amazing achievement! Looks like you had a lovely day. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! It must feel really amazing :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does, now just to get a real grown up job! x

      Delete
  13. What a great post! Congratulations on graduating, you're taking your next big step in life. I love the throwing your caps in the air photo; it's perfect and so cute. And the cake is adorable omg!
    nostalgicteens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's fantastic the way we get to know you better through this tag! great job Jade!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete