Wednesday 28 August 2013

My Top Lush Products

My mum’s loved Lush for as long as I can remember, her birthdays and Christmases always mean a house filled with the gorgeous smells of lush bath bombs. I used to get so excited when I was allowed to choose a bath bomb for my own bath, there’s just something so relaxing about jumping into a bath full of coloured water with a wonderful scent. I soon began receiving Lush bath bombs and soaps for my own birthday and Christmas presents and would carefully choose some treats for myself using my pocket money.


Lush was the first beauty brand that I got into, as I got older I became more experimental with my choices and began to purchase products other than the famous Lush bath bombs. I have now developed better knowledge of the skincare and beauty world and use a much wider variety of products and brands but there is still something about Lush that keeps me going back.
Here are my top five Lush products that I just keep buying:




Big Shampoo - £11.50
This shampoo is great, it leaves my hair feeling so soft and silky, the main ingredient is sea salt which gives it an unusual texture but it works up an amazing lather on hair and goes a long way. I have frizzy long hair which means it needs quite an intense shampoo and conditioner with all sorts of unnatural ingredients that help to tame and hydrate my locks, but there’s something really refreshing about having a bit of a hair detox and using a completely natural product on it every once in a while. Unfortunately I haven’t found Big’s perfect partner in a Lush conditioner yet!


This isn't the full size bar, I've broken at least two pieces off to use already!

The Comforter - £4.50
In my opinion this is definitely the best smelling bath bomb, well technically it’s a bubble bar which is even better because you can get more than one use from it. The whole idea of the bubble bar is, as the name suggests, to be comforting, I don’t very often have a bath (I shower though, promise!) but when I do I pop a bit of The Comforter in and enjoy relaxing for a bit.



You Snap the Whip - £6.25
Like The Comforter, the amazing smell was the first thing to attract me to this body butter, it has a strong blackcurrant scent. I was surprised that this was classed as a body butter as I tend to use it as an exfoliator but it does have great moisturising ingredients. Using the body butter bar leads to a messy charcoaled shower experience but it’s definitely worth it.



Caca Rouge - £8.25
I’m rather precious about my long hair and the thought of using chemical dyes terrifies me so henna is the perfect product for me to use to give my hair colour a bit of a boost. I use the Caca Rouge as my hair is so dark that the others don’t make much of a difference. Applying the henna is quite a messy and long process that is near impossible to do without help, but I love the slightly red tint it gives my hair. The ingredients added to henna to make Caca Rouge (including cocoa butter) are great for hair and my hair is so soft and shiny once I’ve used the henna.


 
Mint Julips Lip Scrub - £5.50
This scrub is great; it’s actually the only lip scrub that I’ve ever come across. I love using it before applying lipstick, especially in the winter when my lips tend to get a little rough. The best thing about this scrub is that you can lick it off after and it tastes great!
Apologies for the photo from the Lush website, I've managed to misplace my Mint Julips for now, sadsad face!

What are your Lush favourties?

x


11 comments:

  1. Love this products so much...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comforter! Have you tried Sweetie Pie shower jelly? It's so good, definitely my favourite lush product :)

    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually! Only because my housemate let me try some of hers, I loved it but had actually forgotten about it, something to add to my Lush wishlist!

      x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  4. love lush! follow each other on gfc? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the follow, Love your blog!

    The comforter was one of my first ever lush products! Might have to go pick one up after this, If you haven't already tried it, I love the space girl bath bomb, It smells of parma-violets! That's a great one to try.

    Eloise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      I'll have to give space girl a sniff when I'm next in Lush, I love anything that smells of sweets!

      x

      Delete
  6. The lip scrub looks fab! I didn't realise you could lick it off after! :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love their bubblegum lip scrub! That body butter looks so strange hehe :) xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the bubblegum but I wans't quite converted from Mint Julips!

      My body butter melted a bit in the car when I was going away for the weekend, it doesn't usually look that cemented to the pot - I think I'll need a knife to get it out when I use it next!

      xx

      Delete