Sunday 25 August 2013

Review: Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask


I've never been one to buy a face mask tube before, usually I buy single use sachets and never really stick to the same one. I was intrigued by the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask's claims:

As well as purifying, the mask also rebalances the skin’s oil levels to clarify, cleanse and leave skin with a silky touch, essential oil of myrrh helps soothe and calm. 

Purifying and rebalancing oil levels seemed like the perfect treat for my spot-prone combination skin, the idea of a thermal mask was also an incentive.

The mask is quite thick and heats as soon as it is rubbed into the skin. I thought that the thermal aspect may be a little disappointing but I was actually really surprised at how warm the mask got.


The mask does have a plasticy smell that I wasn't expecting as it is something that I have never noticed with face masks before, I think the smell is probably due to the thermal property of the mask and is noticable but not overpowering or enough to ruin the relaxing experience.


The name suggests that the face mask should be left on for five minutes, I got a bit carried away and left it on for fifteen minutes, it was still easy to remove with a face cloth and warm water but it had lost its warmth by the time I took it off.

The mask left my skin really really soft and the warmth felt like it was great for cleansing pores. I'm interested to see what sort of long term effect the mask has on my skin after regular use but for now I'll really enjoy using it as a relaxing treat.



I can safely say that I have been converted from randomly selecting single use sachet masks, at £10.50 this mask is great value for money.

What's your favourtie face mask?

x

2 comments:

  1. I've been using the Body Shop seaweed mask; it seems quite expensive (£12) but I've used it around 8 times now and I'm not even a third through! And it does seem to make my skin soft and non-oily the next day.

    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the sachets don't actually work out cheaper in the long run, 8 uses already is quite impressive, I was expecting to get around 8/9 uses from the Sanctuary one so I'll see how it goes! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete