Thursday 15 August 2013

Liebster Award

I just got in from work to a lovely suprise from Megan (Megan Roisinn), she nominated me for the Liebster Award, obviously work isn't the most exciting thing in the world so this certainly made my evening more cheerful!

I've noticed the Liebster Award on other blogs but wasn't entirely sure of it's history so I did a quick google search and found a wonderful explanation by Sopphey (Sopphey Says). Basically liebster is German for dearest and the Liebster Award is a chain style nomination award that started in 2010. The rules seem to have changed over time but the idea remains the same - spread the award to bloggers who aren't yet that well established to spread the love and to help get their blog recognised.


The rules I received with the nomination from Megan are as follows:
1. You must link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 11 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 11 questions for you nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.

So here are my answers...

Name something you never leave your house without (not your keys, phone or purse).
I do sometimes leave the house without it, but I take my Nook (ebook) anywhere where there may be an opportunity for some reading.

What is the name of your newest friend?
Chelsea, a wonderful girl I work with.

What do your favourite socks look like?
This is such a boring answer - I don't wear socks. I really don't like socks, I hate how the poke out and get in the way! Okay, I do wear socks when I wear trainers for excercising, so my 'favourite' and only socks are double layer trainer socks (they stop you getting blisters).

Have you ever seen a shooting star?
I thought I did with one of my best friends, sadly it turned out she was actually only pointing to random things in the sky to create a romantic atmosphere as we were on a double date :(.

Do your friends and family know about your blog?
My boyfriend does, he reads all my posts! :)
My sister started following my blog twitter today so I'm guessing she does too. I haven't started publicising my blog to my family and friends yet!  

What's the craziest colour you've ever died your hair?
I'm so precious about my hair and my hair's so dark it would take a massive chemical beating to make it in any kind of crazy colour, so just good old henna reddy brown.

How do you take your tea?
Strong! No sugar, a little milk.

If you could sum yourself up with an item of clothing what would you pick?
A dress! Especially this dress that I picked up whilst I was in London (sneak peak of the haul post I'll be posting later). I love everything about dresses. And how I sum myself up as a dress, I wear them at every opportunity.

What's your oldest favourite film?
Schindler's List, I've loved that film for as long as I can remember.
 
What colour are your bedroom walls?
I live in a rented house as the moment so my walls are (drum roll please......) cream. I can't wait to have a deep purple accent wall to complement my black and purple accessories when I have my very own home though!

If you could choose a musician to swap lives with who would you pick?
I was thinking only yesterday about how I wouldn't like to be famous, that eliminates most musicians unless I'd like to swap lives with the lady who plays the accodian in the pub I used to work at. Ignoring fame I'd love to swap lives with Beyoncé, I don't think that choice requires an explanation! Preferably a swap to before she cut all her gorgeous hair off though...

And here are my questions:
What achievement are you most proud of?
Were you naughty or a goody two-shoes at school?
One lesson you've learned since you started blogging?
Which country would you most like to visit?
What's your guilty food pleasure?
And your guilty TV pleasure?
If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
If you have children, what's one characteristic of yours that you would want them to have?
One item that loads of bloggers rave about but you haven't tried yet?
If you could have any job what would it be?

Are you a spender or a saver?

My nominees - I struggled finding eleven blogs to nominate, I didn't want to nominate people who had already been nominated this year. Here are my five nominees for the moment, there may be more coming soon!

Laura Thinks About
My Mint Nails

4 comments:

  1. Love your answers - you have tea the best way!

    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I think my parents think I can't afford much milk when they visit and I make them tea/coffee!

      x

      Delete
  2. Ooo thanks so much for nominating me, it means a lot :) OMG swapping a day with Beyonce would be amazing!!
    I am going to answer your questions on this comment if that's ok, as I've already done this award x

    1 I've not really achieved something that I am amazed about, just my general life eg. getting my A level results and finding a good job :)

    2 I was in the middle! I skipped lessons the odd couple of times (I love this question) haha

    3 One lesson I learnt was that I'm not the only person interested in sharing my passions with others

    4 America!!

    5 Chocolate!

    6 The only way is Essex hehe

    7 I have a dog already, but if I moved out a lil dog or a cat (boring I know)

    8 compassion

    9 hmm this is hard, maybe Nars Sheer Glow foundation (I own too many foundations, but not this oen)

    10 A professional Blogger ;)

    Thanks again for nominating me :) x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering the questions! I didn't realise you'd already been nominated - oops.

    I have to say, I'm jealous that you have a dog, I spent a large part of my time in London watching the gorgeous puppies in Harrods!

    x

    ReplyDelete